corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Replacement bits for Dell Laptops...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Replacement bits for Dell Laptops...
PaulW

User status: Offline
2nd Dec 06 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a Dell Lattitude 110L here, had it now just about a year, was new when I got it...

now, the keyboard is hardy responsive, have to really press the keys to do something, used to be able to just 'touch' type, also the touchpad buttons (left/right click) are really messed up, have to press hard to do anything, they either dont do a thing or click/hold...

i havent spilt anything on the laptop either before anyone asks, it just gets ALOT of use, and I mean alot...
ed

2nd Dec 06 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can replace bits on them... Search on Google for new parts for them and some stuff should come up. One thing though, we bought a non genuine battery for one of our Dells. The fucking laptop knew that it wasn't real and it wouldn't let us charge it
Richie

3rd Dec 06 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Common fault im afraid.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-DELL-LATITUDE-110L-NOTEBOOK-UK-KEYBOARD-P-N-D8914_W0QQitemZ110062053320QQihZ001QQcategoryZ31568QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Not cheap to replace either
supacook2k

3rd Dec 06 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you buy direct from dell? check to see if your warranty is still valid. did you have the service pack aswell? you can always send it back to dell and they'll do an out of warranty repair. will cost you though
PaulW

3rd Dec 06 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no I got the laptop via a rental scheme from uni, BUT they messed up when I got it, and I kinda dont exist on the list of people renting no more, so I dont want to go back and get charged as I'm quite enjoying the free-ness of the thing

suppose I could just strip it & if the keyboard is able to be dismantled fully, do that & sort out the membrane inside...
abdus

3rd Dec 06 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

esay option:

phone Dell, ask to upgrade your warranty (either 1 year or 3 years on-site cover), I paid for a 3 year upgrade for just £64

2-3 days later, call tech support and explain the problem, if they can't resolve the problem over the phone, they will send out an engineer and replace the part

I've done it with 1 of my laptops which was faulty even before upgrading the warranty, got a new power supply, new DVD-drive and new motherboard
abdus

3rd Dec 06 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just read your new post

for a warranty upgrade service, they normally upgrade the warranty on the service tag , not the owner

[Edited on 03-12-2006 by abdus]

New Poll