corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » air filter popping

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author air filter popping
BarnshaW

User status: Offline
   26th Dec 06 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol what causes this? its fitted fine and tight and secure (its a K&N) and when im driving sometimes if i downgear it and put my foot down the air filter pops LOUD, its very very loud and everyone looks. what causes this?
carnuts

26th Dec 06 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought it was a misfire that causes airfilter popping??
BarnshaW

26th Dec 06 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not back pressure or anything? was quite amusing when it happened the first time but now it scares the shit outta me when im not expecting it
carnuts

26th Dec 06 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you dont really build up pressure there like that like if you timing is off your airfilter will pop because your plugs are firing at the wrong time which is making the filter pop bit like a back fire
ckallis500

26th Dec 06 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

normaly poping through the inlet side (i.e through your filter rather than your exhaust) would normaly mean that the engine is running bery lean. get it checked out could be the start of a major problem if not sorted soon.

New Poll