corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa misfiring and wont start :S help need urgently plz help ppl !!!!!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa misfiring and wont start :S help need urgently plz help ppl !!!!!!!!
theboyracerrr

User status: Offline
27th Jan 07 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hiyall newbie here,...

I have a problem, i havent been able to get to work the last couple of days since thursday actually, as my 1.2 m reg 1994 corsa b ls wont start its a injection model i believe and previously had a k and n on there ive heard these can cause problems however was running fine before then so thought id take it off after it stopped working to see if this was the problem lack of air ect.ect. however with original box back on it still wont start, i thought it might be the rotar arm i think its called inside the dizzy cap so i went and got a new one and fitted it still no starting its trying to start but just wont at first i thought it may hav been flooded but now im getting pretty worried and need to be back to work by tuesday any chance you guys can help me plz?!?!?

In simple termsif possible as i relle dont know that much about this car thanks guys,......

ps it had 1/4 a tank of petrol and is half way between the min and max lines of oil and water is full to max line so isnt any of those things lol!....
theboyracerrr

27th Jan 07 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plzzzzzzzzzzz hlp asap guys
Mike GSi

28th Jan 07 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spark plugs?
ignition leads?
oh a k&n would giv the engine more air than the airbox
theboyracerrr

28th Jan 07 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i will put the k + n back on mate how do i change the spark plugs and which ones do i need to buy? and with ignition leads what ones do i need to buy for these and how much will these parts be roughly as dont get paid till end of the month and its really taking its time :@ lol what do ii look for to identify the fault on the spark plugs and the ignition leads? also theres a red hose coming from above the injection area which goes to the k + n whihc is connected to a spring end thing which is meant to sit inside the air box do i need this? as with teh K n thers nowere for it to sit
PaulW

28th Jan 07 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

regardless what airfilter is on it, it wont make any difference to it not starting...

personally i cant see how taking off the k&n will prevent the car from running... unless the airbox you fitted is blocked or buggered somehow??
vaux-tech

28th Jan 07 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuel pump relay?
PaulW

28th Jan 07 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vaux-tech
fuel pump relay?

thinking about it, there will be a RON plug just above where the filter is...

worth checking its still set right and/or plugged in...
theboyracerrr

29th Jan 07 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hiya ppl thanks for promt replies havent been able to sort it out really today i have put the k & n back on now as i didnt think and you ppl dont seem to either that it makes any difference which is on, u say a ron plug?!?! whats this? and is this on top of the inside where the K&N filter goes to and underneathe the 2 screw plastic casing? if so i will check this how do i know wether it is on right guys? lemme know plz ppl what to look for with it i know how to check its plugged in tho lol
reeves_8

29th Jan 07 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this problem the other week, stick to the simple stuff, just buy some new spark plugs to start, and if that dont work buy some new leads, and hopefully that will sort it,
i only had to buy spark plugs
theboyracerrr

29th Jan 07 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok will check the plug now and rewrite up afterwards and if no luck will get the spark plugs tomorrow anyone know what the model number size or wotever ones i need is? and if that doesnt work fingers crossed it will tho lol ill get leads and hope this all sorts the crap :@ lol
theboyracerrr

29th Jan 07 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok checked this out today, the fuel plug thingy above the air box is plugged in i wiped it dry/ish and then made sure it was on properly then i took out all of the sprak plugs and wiped with thinners as all were covered in black shite and stunk of petrol mode were wet/greasy then after wiping them i used wire brush to get the shit off they looked pretty clean so i put them back on after this and it still wont start i tryed with the air filter casing off and it was still popping ect and shooting up fuel i think and it still fails to start any more info on this please people also how much are spark plugs roughly?!?! cheers rus.....
vaux-tech

29th Jan 07 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate, get a mechanic to look at it!!
theboyracerrr

29th Jan 07 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant afford it just had to reinsure it and tax it last month and as i havent been in work all week i really can afford to so any way of doing this myself would be great plz help ppl
theboyracerrr

30th Jan 07 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

help.......
valverguy

30th Jan 07 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

spark plugs are about 2 nicker each. go to halfords or similar with one of your old plugs. say can i have the same model as these 4 of them. Leave your engine for say 6 hours with the plugs out to evaporate any petrol there then put your new plugs in. attach leads and try cranking it. if it doesnt work go back to halfords with your leads and say can i have a set of leads like these for a corsa b 1.2 8v ls please take them back (make sure you fit them in the same order otherwise your car wont fire properly) If that doesnt work bite the bullet ask your rents to lend some money and go get a mechanic to sort it out.
theboyracerrr

30th Jan 07 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks mate will do and will respond if it works or not thanks....

New Poll