corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ECU and Immobilisor

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ECU and Immobilisor
Smuffy

User status: Offline
1st Apr 07 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had an engine transplant from a 1.4 16v to a 1.6 16v, we left in the original 1.4 ecu and immobilisor, the car ran fine, apart from the engine management light coming on every now and them causing the engine to cut out if my foot was on the clutch, so today i decided it was time i fitted the 1.6 ECU to see if it made a change to that problem.

so i replaced the ECU with the 1.6 one, and also ive swapped the immobilisor for the one for the 1.6, i left the battery disconnected while i did this and also left it the battery dissconnected for a further 10 mins or so. Now on the turn of the key, the management light flashes at me, and the car wont start, suggesting that the immoblisor has not been de-activated...... have i done something wrong?

I simply disconnected the ECU from the two plugs, and fitted the newone into the existing plugs, as i assume it will be the same wiring? if not i have the other wiring to fit if needs be?

Your help will be greatly appretiated
andyc1234

1st Apr 07 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u need the transponder from under the steering wheel and the chip from the key out of the car the ecu came from
Smuffy

1st Apr 07 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers buddy! i have not swapped the chips over!
andyc1234

1st Apr 07 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it work now ?
Smuffy

1st Apr 07 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok so it started, i noticed the engine managment light stays on permanent now, and i sort or hit the limiter at 5000 revs :S its not like the normal limiter sound, its a little slower, any ideas?
andyc1234

1st Apr 07 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

limp mode. not sure y it would be doing that though
Smuffy

1st Apr 07 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im baffled

New Poll