corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Plastic Bumpers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Plastic Bumpers
Nailor-Corsa

User status: Offline
6th Sep 07 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys im new here, main question here is..

Basically i have standard black bumpers and there going abit faded, and i was wondering what the best way to get that blackness back. also are the whell arches supposed to be black or silver/grey? cause ive seen alot of corsa's around lately with black bumpers and silver/grey wheel arches.

Thanks.
ChrisBoom

6th Sep 07 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both the bumpers and arches should be black, the arches you have seen in grey are probably just that faded that they have gone grey

Buy some back to black, very good stuff for doing this, or get a heatgun, and go over the arches with it. Brings back the black good, just dont go to hard with the heatgun, or you will melt the arches.
Nailor-Corsa

6th Sep 07 at 01:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok thanks for the help mate. i was going to get some of that tomorow and do it.
Do you know how long it says on for? and how often will i need to keep putting iton?
ChrisBoom

6th Sep 07 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It doesnt last long unfortunately, the plastic soon fades again.

Only way to stop it fading permanently is to either get the bumpers coloured coded, or paint them black, rather than just the
black plastic.
DannyParker

6th Sep 07 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say you'll need to do it every 2 weeks to be honest, maybe more often. If you don't have a heatgun opr don't know anyone who does it's worth doing as it only takes two minutes.
MikeE

6th Sep 07 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont waste you'r money on back to black. get auto glym bumper care its £5 from halfords and so much better

New Poll