corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Hardware upgrades for Vista, does anyone else find this comment humerous?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hardware upgrades for Vista, does anyone else find this comment humerous?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
28th Apr 08 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I run Vista 64 on an 8-core 2.8 GHz machine with 10 GB RAM, and it runs fine. The problems start when people run Vista on underpowered machines.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/28/microsoft-says-xp-is-defintely-dead-in-june-dell-says-itll-kee/

Now forgive me for being a bit of an old-schooler where hardware is concerned but this guy considers less than 10Gb of RAM to be underpowered?

10 thousand million bytes? That's loads.
_Allan_

28th Apr 08 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think most people would be hard pushed to use more than 8GB. I have 4 in a new machine and it's fine. Although not running vista. I'd say 8 max is more than enough for modern applications and games. Unless using some rendering or cad programs etc... Maybe in a few years time
Leighton

28th Apr 08 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anything more than 4 gig and you must be running a server or some meety rendering programs

i remember nibbles what a game that was now my phone has a 3d version
bring back original nibbles and that one with the gorilas throwing bananas at each other accross a "city skyline" and you had to put the angle in and power
what a game that was
ed

28th Apr 08 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd use 10gb of RAM for Solidworks. That program is more bloated and full of more shit than Vista alone. It'd probably still manage to run out and crash the machine after a few hours of hacking too.
ed

28th Apr 08 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rendering doesn't use much RAM. It uses a lot of maths.
Jambo

28th Apr 08 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im no techy but vista seems very slow compared to XP using 512mb ram and im using 4gb ram

[Edited on 28-04-2008 by Jambo]
Neo

28th Apr 08 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have seen Vista Running on HUNDREDS of machines, literally. I would at no point in time say you require 10 GB's of Ram to use it.

I have seen it running perfectly fine on dual core 1.8's with 2gb of Ram (laptop) so thats just overkill.

Just a tosser trying to show off. Give him a month and won't have the most highest tech machine and will feel like a dick.
Russ

29th Apr 08 at 06:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

runs fine on my 8gb ram and 4x3.7ghz cpu's
pow
Premium Member

29th Apr 08 at 08:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
I have seen Vista Running on HUNDREDS of machines, literally. I would at no point in time say you require 10 GB's of Ram to use it.

I have seen it running perfectly fine on dual core 1.8's with 2gb of Ram (laptop) so thats just overkill.

Just a tosser trying to show off. Give him a month and won't have the most highest tech machine and will feel like a dick.

My work laptop, basic as it is runs Vista Business very well - Celeron M processor and 2GB of RAM. I keep the system well cleaned and I never have to wait for anything to load?
Daveskater
Premium Member

29th Apr 08 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I run Vista Ultimate on an Athlon XP-M 2600+ (in a desktop) and 1GB PC2100. I had to upgrade my CPU and RAM for it, but it's not too bad. In comparison to my dad's E6550 and 2GB PC2 5300 it's like a 486, but it gets me by until I get the money for a new rig hehe.

BTW, first post , and yes, I'm a nerd

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
PhilC

30th Apr 08 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vista runs fine on my 900mhz eee pc.

New Poll