corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help runnin rich

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help runnin rich
tomtit88

User status: Offline
4th Jul 08 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

took my car last week to be fixed and he said it was the ecu so i got 1n off my mate but it wernt that after all and then he said its the wiring its all fu**ked he said he needs to strip the lot down and start from scratch and he said im lookin from 1500 to 2000 pounds there must be another any1n know it funs tidy its just when i pull off it splutters a bit but when it hits high revs it goes it goes tidy
Limecat
Banned

4th Jul 08 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can we have that in English?
tomtit88

4th Jul 08 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i meant to say it runs tidy not funs!
Ellis

4th Jul 08 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
Can we have that in English?
I'm with you...
tomtit88

4th Jul 08 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i took my car to a garage cause it was runnng rich he looked at the car and said it was the ecu got a spare ecu and that wasnt the problem then he said it was down to the wireing cause it is sending to much electric to the fuel rails and is pumping to much fuel through and for him to sort it out it would have to strip the whole wireing loom and put evething back together probley and get it running tidy it would cost upto £1500 to £2000 does eny1 kno the cheapest sloution which would solve it
Limecat
Banned

4th Jul 08 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are taking the piss.

Have you paper clip tested it? How do they physically know it is running rich, did they put it on a wideband etc?
tomtit88

4th Jul 08 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Have you paper clip tested it? How do they physically know it is running rich, did they put it on a wideband etc?

he had a light wich pluged into the fuel rail and when it flashes bright it means it sends to much eletric through the rail which makes it over fuel and he wouldt conect it upto a dinostic test because just incase it breaks the machine cause the wireing is dodgy but i thought the dinostic test is for dodgy cars lol
tomtit88

4th Jul 08 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats a wideband
Limecat
Banned

4th Jul 08 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tomtit88
quote:

he had a light wich pluged into the fuel rail and when it flashes bright it means it sends to much eletric through the rail which makes it over fuel and he wouldt conect it upto a dinostic test because just incase it breaks the machine cause the wireing is dodgy but i thought the dinostic test is for dodgy cars lol

When you enter this 'garage' do you have to walk in through saloon doors and dodge bullets as all the employees shoot bottles and spit chewing tobacco into spittoons? Take it elsewhere.

How old is your Corsa and what model? If you search via google for paperclip test you may well be able to diagnostic test it yourself. I think it is on the top buzz website?

quote:
Originally posted by tomtit88
whats a wideband

Basically a gauge that works off the exhaust gases so that you can see what air/fuel ratio the car is running.

New Poll