corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » power valves?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author power valves?
WideBoyCorsa

User status: Offline
23rd Sep 08 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have heard from a couple of people muttering about power valves / boosts for the corsa or nova engines? i got a sri 1.4 8v

any one any ideas?
Will94

User status: Offline
24th Sep 08 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you mean an FSE power boost valve... its basically an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

A lot of people on here think they're a bad idea, personally i think they're fine so long as you get it adjusted while the car is on a rolling road. Most people wind the pressure up thinking it'll mean more power, but 2 much fuel pressure will not only make you lose power but put strain on the injectors and your fuel pump/lines.

Best of getting it tweaked on the rollers if you decide to get one, but i wouldnt bother unless you have other mods where more fuel will benifit

New Poll