corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » urgent help needed.. header tank on astra mk3

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author urgent help needed.. header tank on astra mk3
sumner2k3

User status: Offline
11th Oct 08 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just finnished off putting a redtop into my astra 1.4 8v but my header tank has only got 2 holes to connect the water pipes to.. i know with corsas that you have to put a header tank from a 16v so that its got an extra hole for the skinny water pipe to connect to..

could i just block up the skinny water pipe or does it have to run back to the header tank? and have the 16v astras got 3 holes in the header tank the same as corsas?
Anthony

11th Oct 08 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would of thought the 16v astras would have 3 outlets/inlets because they used the same engine as the corsa for the 16v models.

hope this helps.
B3KAN

11th Oct 08 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought you had the astra that the engine came out off, did it not have 1?
sumner2k3

12th Oct 08 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but i didnt take the header tank off it as i didnt think.. and it was scrapped the day after i took the engine out.. used a corsa header tank for now as all the scrappys have been closed today and yesterday afternoon

New Poll