corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » insurance claim

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author insurance claim
clarabee02

User status: Offline
30th Nov 08 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno if any of you will be able to give me a wee bit of advice. Over a year ago some silly wee american girl who informed me after she had went straight into the side of me that she dosnt know how to use roundabouts anyway matter has been in hands of solicitor and she got in touch the other day to say that the 3rd party sols had made an offer for settlement but it would need to be split between me and my insurance co at the time. Does anyone know how much of a split it is? i've since changed insurers cause they basically washed their hands of it and tried to settle behind my back which I wasnt amused with. The car was fixed thro insurance an obv I paid my excess so I dunno if they'll just recoup the difference.

cheers in advance
sampayne21

30th Nov 08 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right so someone crashed into you and you payed ur excess
you would of claimed of the girls insurance and made sure you had a free car while yours was being fixed.

still at least she told you and didnt drive off
clarabee02

30th Nov 08 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to pay my excess cause it was in dispute and to get my car fixed quickly. My insurance told me I'd get excess back when 3rd party admitted liability however over a year later and a court date set thats still not happened
andyc1234

30th Nov 08 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just got my excess back from 3 years ago plus 4 years no claims. just keep pestering dont take a settlement just stay in contact with your insurance company and let them deal with it.
clarabee02

30th Nov 08 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my insurance co washed their hands of it a long time ago and tried to settle behind my back hence why i ended up changing. Its been me and solicitor that have been fightin it nothin to do with insurance but apparently they need to get a cut of any settlement I agree to if i agree to one. annoys the hell out of me, just dont know what kind of split they will want n wondered if any of u had been in a similar situ
DAZ1985

30th Nov 08 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

split is normally 50 50 unless negotiated iirc

New Poll