corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how to take door lock off the backin plate

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how to take door lock off the backin plate
dangsi

User status: Offline
1st Dec 08 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any one no how to take the door lock off the backin plate as been at it half hour now with no luck

ive looked in the tutorals but just says remove clip any ideas where the clip is as ive looked and few other people have but no luck

any help be great
adz_gsi

1st Dec 08 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

- Remove the door inner trim panel
- With the window fully raised undo the retaining bolt(s) from the base of the window guide, and manoeurve the guide out of the door.

- Release the retaining clips by pivoting them away from the rods, and free the link rods from the lock assembly.

- Unscrew the two handle retaining nuts, and detatch the lock cylinder mounting plate from the rear of the handle

- Lift the retaining clips on the base of the handle, and remove the handle from the outside of the door.

Remove the exterior door handle as described above, then manoeuvre the lock cylinder mounting plate out of the door.
Where necessary, trace the wiring back from the central locking/alarm microswitch, and disconnect it at the wiring connector to enable the plate to be removed.

With the mounting plate removed, insert the key into the lock cylinder, then prise off the C clip from the rear of the mounting plate. Lift off the link rod bracket and spring, noting their correct fitted locations, and withdraw the lock cylinder
adz_gsi

1st Dec 08 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try this m8 from another source
dangsi

1st Dec 08 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorted now thanks m8
adz_gsi

1st Dec 08 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no worries pal
dangsi

1st Dec 08 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite slight problem adz m8

i have put the new delock handles on evey think pluged back in but still have the rod that goes from c locking bit to the key lock but as i dont have a key lock where does the rod attach to or do i not need it ?

i no were the metal rod goes i no one end goes to c lockin bit
but other use to go to they door lock but not there now as delocked the car so where does the other end of the rod go to its the short one with the yellow clip any ideas

[Edited on 01-12-2008 by dangsi]

[Edited on 01-12-2008 by dangsi]
luke85

1st Dec 08 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your fitting handles without locks then remove the rod, the other end should just unclip

New Poll