corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Going to sound really stupid but here goes ...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Going to sound really stupid but here goes ...
--ToM--

User status: Offline
4th Dec 08 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After fully rebuilding my redtop corsa the front crank seal gave way and i had a big oil leak i got a new crank seal and due to being in work and not having time to fix it myself this was the 1st time in the whole build i put it into a garage

anyway long story short coming out of my work car park going over a speed bump ant about 3mph!!! the cambelt came off!

Now i know when the go they bend valves i was just wondering if there was any chance what so ever that due to the low speed i was doing is there any chance they could still be alive?

after closer inspection the reason the blet came off is that it had been over tensioned causing a roller to shear its thread out of the block and snap off therefore slackening the belt!!!

Glad i havent yet paid for the seal to be fitted
luke85

4th Dec 08 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could be lucky and may have got aaway with it, its impossible to say really until you put a new belt on and try it. Or take the cams out and do a cylinder leakage test.

Fingers crossed for you
barneykarl

4th Dec 08 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car speed means nothing what counts is the rpm of the engine you may be very lucky but I would not count on it, good luck anyway, always a good chance to upgrade the head if it needs work.
philip2

5th Dec 08 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if need to sort another head or want to sort that one, let me know.

can do resonable price either way + ive also got a load of spare xe valves save you buying new.

located just outside chester

hopefully, you havent cracked the guides, or only a few(higher revs you'd of made a right mess)

ive got a complete head at mine, i could put new stem seals in, re-lap valves and light skim.

--ToM--

5th Dec 08 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

philip have you got a number i can contact you on i live on the wirral you see so your local to me, my mate who works in lookers is helping me rebuild the head as i have a spare 1 lying round you see but if i need any parts ill ring you

thanks alot bud

tom
philip2

5th Dec 08 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

07807 040522 ring or text anytime

New Poll