corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Speedo clock help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speedo clock help
Steveocee

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 09 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi there,
I've not even picked my car up yet and i've started already

I believe the merit i'm picking up will only have the basic 3 clock instrument panel, ideally i want something with a rev counter, how much work is it if i buy a 4 clock panel. Is there much wiring/cabling to run and do?

Secondly, as i plan to XE the car, would the clocks be fairly easy to use with the bigger engine?

Regards

Steve
adz_gsi

4th Feb 09 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i have 1.2 ls and i already have the wiring just check when you get it m8 if not look in tutorials /faq m8 for this
Steveocee

4th Feb 09 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool, thanks,

sorry, i'm pretty new on here to be honest and dont post much at that and i am trying
kevhp171

4th Feb 09 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will just be a straight fit bud ive changed a few and there just plug and play
Steveocee

4th Feb 09 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay, i've read the tutorial which was really well written and easy to understand, i understand to the point that it'll be either electronic or cable driven, so i just need to find out which the car crrently is (awaits someone to chip in with what a '98 merit 1.2 is) then order the corresponding clocks.

Learned my first bit of corsa knowledge
Daveskater
Premium Member

5th Feb 09 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A 1998 car will most probably be electronically driven. You will be able to tell by looking at it, if the speedo starts at 0 it's electric, if it starts at 10 then it's cable.

I'm assuming you mean this tutorial?

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Steveocee

5th Feb 09 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah thats the tutorial/information i looked at. I'm fussy and want them to be starting from 0 but at the same time want something that will be easy to link and make work with a later red top.
Daveskater
Premium Member

5th Feb 09 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well as long as they're electric then they'll start from 0. If they're cable then getting replacement faces might work, but I don't know if they'll line up the same or anything like that. You get what you get, really.

As far as I'm aware, as long as you have an 8 or 16v engine (4 cylinders basically) then the clocks will work with any other 4 pot engine.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Steveocee

5th Feb 09 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome, so their shouldn't (fingers crossed) be an issue if it has electronic clocks and the engine i get has cable driven, i'm guessing the amount of red-top corsa's there is then there will be an easy solution
Daveskater
Premium Member

5th Feb 09 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah I didn't think of that Yeah, so many have been done that there will be a way to get it to work

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures

New Poll