corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Using old router as switch/hub.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Using old router as switch/hub.
oceansoul

User status: Offline
15th Feb 09 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have just got a new Cisco (linksys) router to replace an old buffalo wmr-g54, that the wireless function failed on. It was wayyyyy old. any ways, got the new router set up, but im wondering if i can use the old buffalo router as a switch/hub for my desktop and xbox. As atm i have 1 ethernet cable between the Cisco, and my desktop (20M cable). If i wanna go to xbox live i have to unplug from desktop and into xbox. Could i put the old router into the 20M cable and then 2 patch cables to the xbox and to the desktop??? i guess it would need to be configured etc but to what?
Andrew

User status: Offline
15th Feb 09 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turn DHCP off on the old router. It might work although you can pick up a cheap switch for a fiver if not.

New Poll