corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Boost pipes + Intercoolers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Boost pipes + Intercoolers
Dan Lewis

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 09 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When doing boost pipes is it better to have the minimum amount of silicon hoses and more metal pipes or dont it really matter?

Also will adding a larger FMIC reduce boost pressure?

Thanks
Dan Lewis

3rd Apr 09 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also is the only way to make a dump valve quieter is to get a recirc? or can i do something to the dump valve as its really loud and not very pleasant
Torsa g

3rd Apr 09 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the more solid the pipe work the better as you will reduce the flex in the boost range, fitting a bigger intercooler to the car will give it more lag as the turbo will have to fill the bigger ic to gain pressure, upgrade intercooler with the size of your turbo as it will gain pressure alot quicker
DaveyLC

3rd Apr 09 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know its not really teh subject in question but as we are on the subject of boost: pressure isnt everything, higher boost doesnt mean more power, you run run a smaller turbo at a higher pressure but get a hell of alot more power from a bigger turbo at a lower pressure because the bigger turbo will flow more air at a lower pressure.
Torsa g

3rd Apr 09 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
I know its not really teh subject in question but as we are on the subject of boost: pressure isnt everything, higher boost doesnt mean more power, you run run a smaller turbo at a higher pressure but get a hell of alot more power from a bigger turbo at a lower pressure because the bigger turbo will flow more air at a lower pressure.

Also will save alot of strain and praps save money on getin recons all the time
Dan Lewis

3rd Apr 09 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well it was running at just under 1 bar when on full boost i have put the new intercooler on and the runs slightly lower boost now. I have a t28 turbo.
Nic Barnes

3rd Apr 09 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC

also lower boost on bigger turbo = less heat.

although to add to what you are saying, say you run a smaller turbo to make say 350bhp. it will be far less laggy than a bigger turbo running less pressure to make the same power. if anything, keeping the smaller turbo would essentially be better to drive the car with.
Dan Lewis

3rd Apr 09 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

found out i had a small leak where i hadnt tighted up a clip proply all sorted now and boosting to just under 1 bar woo

New Poll