corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » best exhaust set up for x14xe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author best exhaust set up for x14xe
steven_r2008

User status: Offline
   6th Apr 09 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all, i was just wondering what the best 'box' set up woiuld be for my 14xe. i currently have a magnex oval tip backbox and a stainless remus race tube, i am looking at getting a stainless de-cat and also a stainless 4-2-1. however i have been told if i do this i will lose back pressure therefore resulting in a loss of performance, so i was just wondering what is everybodys opinion as to what box set up would be best, i.e,

4-2-1 , to decat , to silencer , to backbox
or
4-2-1 , to decat , to race tube , to backbox

or whatever comnbination would be best

if it makes any difference at all, i am planning on gettin a manzel style inlet maniforld with a new fse power boost valve, and also planning on having it mapped

thanks alot in advance
NeilGSI

6th Apr 09 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it was me mate id go for a

4-2-1, decat to silencer and then backbox, you will have a nice noise and still have some back pressure if you use a standard centre section
steven_r2008

6th Apr 09 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NeilGSI
if it was me mate id go for a

4-2-1, decat to silencer and then backbox, you will have a nice noise and still have some back pressure if you use a standard centre section

thsnks for the fast reply, would it be better to use some sort of aftermarket silencer as oppose to the standard silencer, if so, what make would be best?
NeilGSI

6th Apr 09 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a standard one would almost just be as good as you paying double for a performance one,

4-2-1 janspeed would be best
decat any one will do,
and a powerflow back box is what i would recommend,
and jut a standard vaux centre section as a performance one will also have less baffles, imo buy a new centre and you will be sure you are getting a good flow
Sean-B

6th Apr 09 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

janspeed cat backs are very good, i have one and the noise and quality is fantastic.
nice and quite on idle then pipes up around the 4000rpm mark, im not decated though as i don't want the noise
dalejones

6th Apr 09 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a 4 2 1 de cat race tube backbox, i think its a biut to loud, however, i went to piut the standart middle section in yesterday and the distance from the decat to the backbox is longer than the standard center pipe so the pipe was to short! :S i dont kno how the fuk that works but i want the standard section bak in! lol
gez bay

6th Apr 09 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

x16xe
ive got a raceland 4-2-1, sporex decat and an ashley (de)cat back system, and it sounds awsome!! pops and bangs and kicks flames car is loud when you put your foot down but no too loud
imgoing to put a vid up some time this week so you all can hear it
what corsa have you got dale, im from swansea, wondering if iv'e seen you about?? lol

[Edited on 06-04-2009 by gez c16b]
dalejones

6th Apr 09 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got black 1.4 sport W reg tinted windows, white cesaros, and ul hear me b4 u see me! got funky writing number plate! dont think ive seen u b4 tho, where bouts in swansea?
gez bay

6th Apr 09 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well its about 15 miles away from swansea but im down there alot lol
im from pontardawe
i'll toot if i see you about mate
steven_r2008

7th Apr 09 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for all your help guys well because ive already got the race tube ill get my 4-2-1 on and decat and if i dont like the loudness ill slap my standard centre section back on but because im a noisy bugga ill probably enjoy the loudness for all of 3 days haha, ill let you all know on what i decide on

New Poll