corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Faulty injector/ Headgasket.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Faulty injector/ Headgasket.
Rob B

User status: Offline
26th Jun 09 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly this is on a civic type R but the same rules apply to any engine i would think.

Bought it last night pulled in for fuel, started miss firing when i went to start it then it picked it self up after about 10 seconds and drove perfectly again.

Any time i stop the car and go to restart it, it misses for a few seconds then starts. the longer it's left, the longer it takes and you have to use the throttle to get it going.

Fault code reader said misfire cylinder 3. removed plugs and cylinder 3 has liquid (fuel or water) sat on top of the piston, you can actually see it, it also has used quite alot of water.

I think headgasket as it's fine once going but uses water.

But i suppose if an injector is leaking for example when car is off, once turned on and the "flood" has cleared, that would also be fine when running would it not ?

So i'm stumped, help please
Rob B

User status: Offline
26th Jun 09 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By the way car drives perfectly once it's passed the strating issue

New Poll