corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » cleaning help??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cleaning help??
tomm1990

User status: Offline
29th Jul 09 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a flame red corsa sport with faded paint in places am goig to tcut tmoz if weather permits but was told claying is realy good thing todo? wot does the claying actually do? n wot is the process to doing it?? b4 or after tcuting?
Ant B

29th Jul 09 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wash the car as normal then dry it, and then when you go and get a clay kit(i got megs quik clay)as that came with the deatailing spray which u need to spray on the part of the car that you are doing at that time that time,then rub the clay bar on the car a pannal at a time making shure the paint is wet enought for the bar not to stick and keep wiping the bar over the car till the paint feels smoth then dry with a microphper cloth or chamios and then start again on a nother panal.

sorry i carnt help with tcut as i have a metalic car and cannot use iit but thats claying
davieslim

29th Jul 09 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

autoglym paint renovator seems to be pretty good then super resin polish.
tomm1990

29th Jul 09 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for that guys
davieslim

29th Jul 09 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did a t plate breeze last week, use the renovator on it twice as it was pretty pink then used the super resin polish on it and was well chuffed with the results
tom130691
Premium Member

30th Jul 09 at 06:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used red t-cut then red polish
Richardhhha

30th Jul 09 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your best bet is to ask RichH as he is the guru of detailing on here.

i'd just say:

Wash it (remove loose dirt with pressure washer or spray attatchment on a hose)

Clay bar it as Ant said panel at a time untill it feels smooth to the touch (trust me when they say you'll feel the differnce)

wash again (wash with car shampoo now but try the 2 buckets method as this reduces the chance for it to put swerl marks into paint)

Shamie/dry

then break out a light cutting compound cheaply i'd say T cut as its widley known or as davieslim said use AG paint renovator as this works well. do it a panel at a time

try getting yourself some foam aplicator pads as this will alow the product to be moved around easer and wont suck/absorb the produck like microfibers do.

buff off with microfiber cloths good tip if the cloth can scratch the surface of a CD then its no good for your car nice soft cloths (pick them up pritty cheaply and you need a fair few)

give it a good few going overs till the paint has come back to being a nice glossy red

then i'd say give it a goat of SRP (super resin polish) as this stuff i found to be excelent it can fill small defects aswell but its a little powdery at times.

then i'd just say give it a good waxing (could go sealer then wax but wax is good for peeps who dont want to spend hours washing and polishing there cars)

hope that helps

New Poll