corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Are there any property experts/solicitors on here?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Are there any property experts/solicitors on here?
Limecat
Banned

User status: Offline
7th Aug 09 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As per the title.

I am looking to purchase 2 adjacent (but non-adjoining) semi detached properties.

The problem is that only one of them is currently being marketed, a 4 bed semi that some clown has done some awful internal work on and has since been re-possessed.

The other property is deralict. Infact it is an utter mess; the gardens are like Borneo rainforest, the door aperatures are boarded up there is ivy growning over the windows, there is no internal fittings or services, no ceilings etc. Now obviously with this being a complete eye-sore it will have a negative impact on the price the other property will sell for but what, if anything, could be done about this property if I cannot buy it, bearing in mind it is freehold?

I have done a land registry search and spoken with the adjoiing neighbours. The guy who owns it hasn't been seen for a long time and has repeatedly gone bankrupt (as shown by a number of bankruptcy notices being levied against the property!) yet has clearly had a lot of work done on the property fairly recently; new windows/doors/roof/cavity wall etc.

I assume that as a previous bankrupt he cannot sell the property without giving up the proceeds to the liquidators but he can keep it and potentially rent it out should he sort it at a later date?

My other theory, as I like a nice money-spinning number, is to leach onto the properties land (will only cost a fence and my time for the lands upkeep) and then if he doesn't contest within 7 years the land boundaries would become mine.

Can anything be done about this? I assume only the registered owner could request any boundary lines to be re-established within those 7 years?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

8th Aug 09 at 08:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's repos the bank will get it marketed soon.

Have the locks been changed?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Limecat
Banned

8th Aug 09 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The derelict one isn't a repo, it's privately owned still.

New Poll