corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » New engine - new problem:(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New engine - new problem:(
Generation

User status: Offline
23rd Sep 09 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to the garage today, to see my car, was told they had a problem

The car starts at the turn of a key and sounds perfect, But then just dies!

They told me they are missing the ignition barrell bit of the ignition, and thats why they think they have the problem.I bought engine of Dvieslim and i know its perfect and that he sent everything(well he gona double check he sent ignition bit)

Does anyone else think this is problem, as if we can't find gonna cost alot to replace all other bits it works with, davieslim seems to think they are universal
Bagsy1.6

24th Sep 09 at 01:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

throttle cable might be too tight my m8s did it this week when hes fooked about with it
Richie

24th Sep 09 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the car starts fine and then cuts out - if its a transponder issue on the ignition the engine management light will sit there flashing at them.

Is that happening?
Richie

24th Sep 09 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTW if this is happening - Davieslim needs to send you the little transponder chips from the keys of the car that the engine came from, then you need to put it inside your key
AlexW

24th Sep 09 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That above is indeed true, The ECU, Key chip (Small black bit that if needed i have a picture of) and the transpoder from around the barrel all MUST be from the same car.

Usualy the car will start normal and after about 5 secs from turning the car it will cut out.
Generation

24th Sep 09 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have ECU chip from the key i dont have transponder(if thats from around ignition) and yeah car runs for no more than 4-5 secs, meaning either davieslim has missed it or more likly the garage has lost it, I didnt see the parcel between davie and the garage, i have the old ignition transponder, could i get it re programmed?If i can would vaux need whole car or can a man in a van usually do it?

Many thanks!

Oh would it be cheaper to program transponder or buy new ecu chip etc?
Generation

25th Sep 09 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got told need these by vaux :S
body control module
dials speedo

anyone? speedo defiantly seems wrong

New Poll