corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Alert Systems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alert Systems
Neo

User status: Offline
24th Sep 09 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have had a request to implement a new health and safety system on one of my sites, although i'm stuck for ideas.

Issue:

On the odd occasion, they have members of staff working late (11pm). If they finish after 6 they must call the reception and inform them they got home safely. If past 8pm, they must inform their manager.

The managers aren't taking to kindly to recieving a phone call at 11 at night from someone saying they have gotten home, and instead want an alert of some description if the staff member is not home by the time they estimated.

So, i need a system that allows the staff to be able to submit the time they get home, that allows the manager to be alerted if they havent AND when they have, and i can't rely on that they all have internet connections.

My idea is a WAP site, linking to a database etc etc, however i can't go into a meeting with just one idea and system. Fire away

New Poll