corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » xe corsa - cant get reverse gear?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author xe corsa - cant get reverse gear?
mattcape

User status: Offline
4th Nov 09 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just fitted a c20xe into my corsa and cant seem to get reverse gear.. its as if i cant push the gearstick over far enough to engage reverse.! anyone had this problem or no's what the problem is?
Cheers..

Mattcape.
Nic Barnes

4th Nov 09 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it catching on the steering rack as the linkage is trying to pull backwards?
sumner2k3

4th Nov 09 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had this problem with one of my odl xe's.. the pin the goes through the linkage and the bit that on the selector on the box had slightly came out.. just wiggle it about and push it back in and then its fine.. thats if that is the problem obviously
mattcape

4th Nov 09 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmm i will go have a look now cheers
Root

5th Nov 09 at 01:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have the same problem sometimes but not all time. I just either put it in 1st then 2nd then reverse (and it works), or pump the clutch in neutral a few times then select reverse (also works)
XozziDK

5th Nov 09 at 02:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll need to adjust the connection between the gear arms underneath the car. Just put the gear in neutral, loosen the bolt, have a buddy to hold the gearstick inside the car as it would be placed when its in neutral, and then tighten the bolt again

Should do the job. If it doesn't work, try again in another position with the gearstick (probably more to the right as its the reverse gear thats not working, and you need more space to the left to reach reversegear)

And it's possible you get it adjustet too much, so that you cant go in 5th or another random gear, you'll have to find the magic spot where all gears work :b

[Edited on 05-11-2009 by XozziDK]

New Poll