corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » TV problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author TV problem
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Dec 09 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate has had to buy a new TV as his old one took forever to turn on, sometimes up to 4 hours. It's a 42" flatscreen LCD Phillips, it's about 3 years old now. Any idea what it could be as I can have it off him for nothing, I'll keep it or sell it depending on what the part is it needs.

[Edited on 05-12-2009 by DannyB]
Cavey

5th Dec 09 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guess power supply would be the first thing to look at?

What do you mean with "turn out" ?
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Dec 09 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I meant turn on, sorry, my mistake
Cavey

5th Dec 09 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"If you're a little tech savy and are will to take your TV apart you may find like I did on my Samsung that on the power board there are one or more capacitors that have or have begun to fail. The type of electrolytic caps they use have little cross slits on top of them allowing them to split open when they overheat to avoid exploding I guess. You'll have to unsolder the caps that have split open at top and replace them with the same type of cap but with a slightly higher Farad value. I.e. if it;s a 20microfarad cap you'll have to go with a 30 microfarad etc. Or... you can pay upwards of $1000 dollars to Samsung to fix."

from this link http://www.fixya.com/support/t1288558-lcd_tv_takes_long_time_turn

Another answer was faulty power board...

http://www.fixya.com/support/t1254056-lcd_tv_takes_long_time_come

Best i can find at the moment
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Dec 09 at 21:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate that's a start! I'm getting it tomorow so I'll see how bad it is, if it's taking hours to turn on everytime then I really need to get it fixed somewhere.

New Poll