corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » MS Exchange People

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MS Exchange People
Andrew

User status: Offline
29th Dec 09 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a Windows Update that is stopping me from connecting to Exchange 2007 using Outlook 2007. Has anyone come across this recently?

Initially put it down to AVG but done a fresh install of SBS 2008 which was all working fine until i installed the Windows updates 5 miniutes ago. No idea which update it could be as i installed the shit bang..
pow
Premium Member

29th Dec 09 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We had a small issue at work just before xmas which corrupted a database file exchange uses which I think was down to an update!
Andrew

29th Dec 09 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, Windows updates are always causing us problems of some sort.

Thought this had been resolved for a moment. SBS wanted to install a couple of other updates - no change though..

Not too sure if i need to run an SBS 2008 script as you did with SBS 2003. Will ask one of our contractors tomorrow as he's had a lot more experience with it. We've also got an Exchange Experts account from what i can remember.
Aaron

29th Dec 09 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I havent had this issue on the network i run/manage. Exchange 2003 with all servers and clients totally upto date with windows critical and security updates.
Andrew

31st Dec 09 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same issue has come across on one of our cutomer networks who have the server doing automatic updates.

Not had chance to look into this at all today - may have a little time in the morning. However, have a technical support phone number for Microsoft Support is anyone wants it. Just drop me a U2U. Will give them call
pow
Premium Member

31st Dec 09 at 00:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YOu should NEVER let a server do auto updates!
Andrew

31st Dec 09 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
YOu should NEVER let a server do auto updates!

I know this, i never set it up...

If i hadn't of already come across this issue, the chances are we would never have got to the bottom of why things have gone wrong.

New Poll