corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » My remote central locking is broken.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My remote central locking is broken.
Root

User status: Offline
15th Jan 10 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have an avital cat 1 alarm wired to my remote central locking so when i press a button it locks the car and activates alarm, press again and it does opposite.

Lately, when I press it, it locks the passenger side, but not the driver's side, then after a 1 second pause, the passenger side will unlock again.

And when I lock the car, only the passenger side will lock.

But if I lock the driver's side using the key, it will lock both doors at once. So I am very confused, what is broken on my car? I thought the driver's side black box (the popper that unlocks the door)

Anyone got a clue? cheers
Generation

15th Jan 10 at 01:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like central locking motor to me
Root

15th Jan 10 at 01:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really, because when I lock with the key on driver's side, it locks the passenger side? It just fails on remote central locking...

[Edited on 15-01-2010 by Root]
Generation

15th Jan 10 at 01:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the passenger side central locking motor works
Root

15th Jan 10 at 02:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are these in corsas from the factory or is it an aftermarket item? I had an alarm and remote c/locking fitted locally for £250 but I'm unsure if the black boxes were already installed and not wired up? If they aren't in the cars by default, where can I get one that fits and how difficult is it to access the unit? because I know the door is double skinned
Generation

15th Jan 10 at 02:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well did you car come with central locking? The motors are attached to the lock(door part gold lock) 2 screws get it off,but its fiddly
Root

15th Jan 10 at 02:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know mate, do some corsas come with central locking? if they do i can search the local scrapyard and pocket a unit because they are not so big in size.
Generation

15th Jan 10 at 02:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine did come with it...
Generation

15th Jan 10 at 02:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check first though have a look, sounds like motor, but in lock mechanism there are metal road going in (2 i think) only held in by plastic clips, clip may of broken knocking a rod out
Root

15th Jan 10 at 02:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers, i'll have a poke about tomorrow and see what the damage is. I wanna get it fixed, I feel slightly embarassed having to lock it with the key, plus it's annoying as hell.
Generation

15th Jan 10 at 02:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My rear door does not open/lock either same problem, its set to permantly lock now, I'll fix it one day haha Nobody uses rear doors so not a problem
Root

15th Jan 10 at 02:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it's all good when you have a more whore and the rear doors break. lol

New Poll