corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help help, my retop is spluttering at low revs??? must be something simple full description in threa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help help, my retop is spluttering at low revs??? must be something simple full description in threa
J_T

User status: Offline
17th Jan 10 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yesterday i went to start car but wasnt having any of it it took half an hour or more of turning it over which deffinately flooded it because it stank of fuel but had no choice as had to get home, it eventually started running realy rough hunting missfiring all sorts untill the engine cleared itself up and started to tickover normally

drove it home put my fott down a few times to try and clear any shit out and it back fired and jerked alot and then seemed much better, but is very lumpy and jerks alot at low revs between 1 and 3 thousand revs??

i squirted some brake cleaner in my aifilter and let it run for a bit to try and clean any shit out of it.

then my imdediate riactions were pluggs and and clean them up so i did this with wire brush and some brake cleaner to plugs, then left car with plugs out for couple of hours to let any unburnt petrol evaporate, took it out and if anything its now worse??

just wondered if anyone could please help me as im new to corsa sport and its my 1st corsa!

im going to take a look at the distibutor cap now and try and clean up points.

New Poll