corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Activision may charge subscription for next COD..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Activision may charge subscription for next COD..
Baz-Zico

User status: Offline
18th Feb 10 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno if this has been posted -

In a recent conference call with investors, Activision Blizzard revealed a new Call of Duty, announced that a subscription for the series is in the works, and hinted that they might not release as many big, plastic peripherals this year. According to Ars Technica, Call of Duty 7 will renew Activision Blizzard's annual assault on holiday sales charts in 2010. This isn't a huge surprise - the company has released a new Call of Duty game every single year for the past five years. However, they've never released a Call of Duty with a subscription plan, and that may change soon. During the conference call, Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick said, "If you think about the success we've had in other product categories on subscription, you can get a sense of the direction that we want to take that franchise." That's right, Activision Blizzard is pondering a Calling Plan of Duty, though you probably won't see one in this year's game. That's because it's in development at traditionally conservative Treyarch Studios, not Infinity Ward, which made last year's best-selling game. Furthermore, Destructoid quotes a source which claims that Infinity Ward is hard at work on a Call of Duty massively-multiplayer online game, which certainly fits the profile of a subscription-based title.

[Edited on 18-02-2010 by Baz-Zico]
JonnyJ

18th Feb 10 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats ok because I'll be playing BF not COD.
dannymccann

18th Feb 10 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same as JonnyJ - unless EA totally fuck up BFBC2 Im not sure I will go back. I definetly wont be paying a subsciption for a game on top of the 360 subscription as well!
adiohead

18th Feb 10 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are idiots that pay for WoW, so there'll be idiots that'll pay for CoD
N3CRO

18th Feb 10 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I won't be one of them idiots. I'll go back to playing the shite that is Gears 2.

[Edited on 18-02-2010 by TheNobleOne]
LukeS

18th Feb 10 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill end up paying depending on how many people on my friends list will.
Nath

18th Feb 10 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Thats ok because I'll be playing BF not COD.
AlunJ

18th Feb 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sod that, pay enough for xbox live as it is lol
MoesTavern

18th Feb 10 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hardly suprising with Activision's new 'exploit our customers' direction, but since I'm not playing MW2 anymore unless the next one is mindblowing this will have no effect on me.

New Poll