corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPod noob Q

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPod noob Q
Daimo B

User status: Offline
8th Mar 10 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been brought into the world of iPods as of Xmas....

Well i thought i'd better get it out and put some of this music stuff on there. I know how to convert CD's on iTunes, but can anyone tell me how I can convert music from a memory stick folder i've copied onto my desktop.

im guessing its a really simple answer of opening the folder somewhere and converting, but im a noob at all this music stuff.
C2RL R

8th Mar 10 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've never dont that but i guess you just go File>Add folder to library> then look for the folder your music is in. try that and let us know what happens.
Joe

8th Mar 10 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Open your itunes so its on the library screen and just drag all the files over to the library and it will copy them into your itunes.
oceansoul

8th Mar 10 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do it the way C2RL R suggested. But i believe either will work. You can also right click on the file and click open with itunes and that will add it to your libiary. Word of warning though; put the folder on your C:\ drive, in my music or wherever you store your music, before you add to the libiary. If you add to itunes from a memory stick then remove the stick, itunes wont be able to find the files
Daimo B

9th Mar 10 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ace, cheers. I can pull individual songs in now.

However, i've now got my converted albums, and a whole load of unlisted songs (no albums). Can I not create an album, and put all this music from the folder into this new home made album?

Sorry, its my first MP3 player/iPod, i've lonly just joined the new era of music
Fro

9th Mar 10 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you change the album name field in Itunes to whatever you want it to be be called it will group them on the ipod .

New Poll