corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » VX performance Inlet help - fitting throttle body

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VX performance Inlet help - fitting throttle body
shaunmods
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Apr 10 at 12:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright guys. I've been having problems with my corsa. When I turn the iginition on it revs right up which I believe is due to an air leak. I've taken the inlet back off today and noticed that I have a bolt missing where the throttle body is connected to the inlet. So its only being held on by three bolts which in my mind could be the cause of the leak.

The hole in question. Sorry for the very crap photo. Its the front one believe the throttle cable

Basically I haven't got a clue what how I'm meant to bolt it down there I've read Warren's guide and the VX performance inlet is different to the Mantzel as you can't screw it in from behind like you do on those.

I've tried using threaded bar but I just can't see how to do it :cries:

Anyone who's fitted one these before, what did you do for this bolt hole? Its driving me up the fucking pole!

Cheers

[Edited on 21-04-2010 by shaunmods]
Stu_22

21st Apr 10 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know about this style but on mine I drilled throught the throttle stop so needed a bolt about 70mm long but it had a flat surface to bolt down on to
Richardhhha

21st Apr 10 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you should have 3 bolt holes with no thread and one with, i'd just put anouther bolt in there with lock tight mate, and check the lower inlet for the missing bolt
Corsa_Quadz

23rd Apr 10 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plaster the TB gasket in gasket sealant I used an M10 bolt for that hole
Stu_22

23rd Apr 10 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Quadz
Plaster the TB gasket in gasket sealant I used an M10 bolt for that hole

M10 are you sure?
dean101287