corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » N900 and opening a .deb file.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author N900 and opening a .deb file.
BarnshaW

User status: Offline
10th May 10 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know some people on here have this handset, I am new to all this handset file malarky, I have the new fmms file to send and receive mms but its downloaded to my handset as a .deb file, i cannot open it with application manager and have tried with xterminal but it wont find it.

Heard something about red pill mode? I just want to install the file so any help would be greatly appreciated.
gravesy

10th May 10 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure if this is any good to you: http://thenokiablog.com/2009/12/21/video-how-to-install-deb-files-on-nokia-n900/
Rob E

10th May 10 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

red pill mode went with the first major update after release. How did you download the fmms file? Mine was in the maemo repository and just downloaded then installed by itself. Have you added any extra catalouges yet?
BarnshaW

10th May 10 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i downloaded the file off a website robb, it saved the file into my documents, i have not added any extra catalogues, like i say i am a complete noob with the phone but really want to learn its full potential.
BarnshaW

10th May 10 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hold on going to do it like you said through maemo extras catalogue, will report back shortly
Rob E

10th May 10 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maemo extras cataloge ftw! You also need to download fAPN to allow you to set up the mms connection with your service provider. Here is a usefull link to get you going. If your on a different network just search in google for you providers details

Edit - forgot the link http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/topic/58069-n900-fmms-now-sendsreceives/page__st__40

[Edited on 10-05-2010 by Rob E]
BarnshaW

10th May 10 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am on vodafone mate, wow, just signed upto that maemo extras catalogue and i am amazed at all the apps!

the apps on the catalogue, if i download them how do i open/install them, very simply, i just downloaded the flashlight one to use the phone as a flashlight but cannot see how to open it?
Rob E

10th May 10 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have to open the camera slider, wait for it to load, then push the x in the corner. Once back on the desktop if you click on the battery to bring up the little menu, you will see the option there There is also a couple more maemo catalouges but they are development apps which arent 100% finished yet. Another app must is Qtirreco! Im yet to find any tv/dvd player/sky box/anything it wont control
BarnshaW

10th May 10 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i will be damned, the flashlight is there now lol.

ok one more thing rob, i just downloaded something by mistake, an IR app i think and now the notification light on my phone keeps flashing blue, its not an mms or anything, how do i stop this lol?
BarnshaW

10th May 10 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its okay i sorted it, forgot about the uninstall bit
BarnshaW

10th May 10 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm when i go to download qtirecco it says error because some "application packages required for installation are missing"

New Poll