corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » spark plug fail help please....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author spark plug fail help please....
curtoise

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 10 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, it all began when i was sitting in a carpark with some friends and my car started missing badly..
i had a set of new plugs in the car with me so i thought i may aswell change them there as i had the tools with me..
so i change number 1, 3 and 4 but number 2 was VERY tight, i finally got it out to find the ceramic was smashed to shit on the plug. looked into the cylinder with a torch, and there was some sitting on the piston (F*CK)
i had no hoover in the car and needed to get home for work in the morning.
so i left the plug out, and took all the ht leeds of and turned it over on the motor to try and fire some out, this worked abit and some fired out the top, to i put it all back together and started it, and all hell broke loose, it was making the worse sound ever, and missing badly, it died about 3 times and i thought oh shit, its going home on a trailer... but i got it running and sat it at 3000rpm in a attempt to clear it out,
it worked but there is smoke pouring out of the back,
its using oil but the coolant is fine.
now (3 days later) its running perfect but smoking badly, and when i lift off at high rpm it backfires and shoots flames out of the exhaust......

what do you think has happend? piston ring? scored bore? oil stem seal? im at a loss at the moment
and am considering puting a 1.8 in it....

any help is greatly appreciated

cheers
curt.

mike56gte

2nd Jul 10 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could of put a big score in the bore. oil stem seals wouldnt just go like.
curtoise

2nd Jul 10 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh dear, rebore or new block then, either way expencive
tigra-tb

4th Jul 10 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a magnet down ya plug hole to get it out, but sounds to me like your piston has smashed ya plug, have ya had ya head skimmed recently?
curtoise

4th Jul 10 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah its the ceramic thats in the bore... no metal lol. the piston then mashed up the ceramic. nah it hasnt been skimmed recently
tigra-tb

4th Jul 10 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try a bit of bluetak on on a philips screwdriver then m8y then get to a garage who have a camara to see what damage it has done if any? or a small light n a small mirror n check it yourself
curtoise

4th Jul 10 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yh i need to get hold of some tools. all the ceramic has gone now, its just using oil loads
p16vlv

5th Jul 10 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you could have got some chewing gum. put that on a screwdriver and got it out
curtoise

5th Jul 10 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but then the gun could have fallen in the bore lol.....
and it went around to the side of the piston not just the middle

New Poll