corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » toyo proxes or yokohama

Poll: toyo proxes or yokohama
  toyo proxes t1-r
  yokohama s drives
  toyo proxes px4

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author toyo proxes or yokohama
8vcorsa

User status: Offline
4th Jul 10 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tyre size is 195 45 r15 which one would you have for grip in wet and dry and i dont want the sides to ware down fast and all that i want a long life one which one would be the best

and they would be going on a corsa 1.6 16v sport
Nic Barnes

4th Jul 10 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

toyo are softer than yoko. i personally prefer s drive to t1rs. toyo are more of a budget tyre.
Limecat
Banned

4th Jul 10 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I disagree with the above but I run cut slicks on my daily.

I had Yoko A048's in soft and they lasted about 5k miles (longer than many quote) but I rarely drive it hard, I then have Toyo R888's in mediums and they have pissed 5k and have loads of life left.

Ok, there is a difference in compond and they are a cut slick whilst Nic is talking about a generic road tyre so I don't doubt for a moment that he is right too!

I am not aware of cut slicks in that size? If you can get them, then do. The difference is absolutely night and day to anything offered as a fast road tyre. They are also good in the wet unless it's standing water (normal tyres are also shit) but fucking useless in snow!
Nic Barnes

4th Jul 10 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant get them in that size.

yoko ao48r is a better tyre than a r888 anyway. lots more grip.
Limecat
Banned

4th Jul 10 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH I honestly don't see any difference between them but then again, your 1.2 8v is far faster than my car, it would probably have a 106XSI in a straight line?

On a serious note, the power you are running if you say they are better (what compounds did you run on each as a matter of interest, as I changed) then I am happy to take that as gospel.

I had Yoko A510 (or A520?) and Toyo T1RS on my Corsa but I will admit I never swapped them from front to back and I only did 1200 miles on them!
8vcorsa

4th Jul 10 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so which tyres would you go for nic
Nic Barnes

4th Jul 10 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
TBH I honestly don't see any difference between them but then again, your 1.2 8v is far faster than my car, it would probably have a 106XSI in a straight line?

On a serious note, the power you are running if you say they are better (what compounds did you run on each as a matter of interest, as I changed) then I am happy to take that as gospel.

I had Yoko A510 (or A520?) and Toyo T1RS on my Corsa but I will admit I never swapped them from front to back and I only did 1200 miles on them!

both mediums they dont normally last much more than 1500 miles for me anyway. yoko defiitely felt better. they do cost more though perhaps why toyo are more popular. budget track tyre.

often find strangely that tyres are personal preference. i got a mate that says nankangs are awesome no matter how wrong he is he obviously prefers them.
8vcorsa

4th Jul 10 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah what tyres would you go for nic it doesnt have to be t the ones i stated

New Poll