corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Spraying/painting Questions ..HELP..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Spraying/painting Questions ..HELP..
ash-ov-boro

User status: Offline
   24th Jul 10 at 04:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right on monday im going to my local autopaint shop to get some paint .. but before i do just want a few questions answering please

Q1: Can i spray 1K Plastic Primer then Cellulose High build Primer over the top of the 1K Plastic Primer without any bad reactions?

Q2: Can i then spray Metalic Base Coat over the top of the Cellulose High Build Primer?

Q3: What Clear Coat/Lacquer can i use over the top of the Metalic Base Coat for best results ?

Q4: what do i do to get the best finish i can?,what grade wet & dry paper should i use before primering? Should i flat back primer after every coat i lay down? and what grade wet & dry should i use before laying down the Base Coat Metalic?

Q5: How long is it best to leave the primer in between coats & how long should i leave the primer on its final coat before laying down the Metalic Base Coat?

Q6: How long should i leave the Metalic Base Coat to harden & dry off before i Clear Coat/Lacquer it

Q7: Is there any additives i could add in to the Metalic Base Coat so its a bit flexi on the bumpers or would it be ok with the 1k plastic primer then the cellulose high build primer then Metalic Base Coat over the top

If some one could answer theese or maybe a few of them i would be very greatfull thanks alot CS

just want to know before i order paint as i want to be straight in straight out with paint on monday

i dont have a air fed mask so i will be using one of thoose twin filter fly mask i think people call them that i may have made a few spelling mistakes somewhere up there so sorry guys if it annoys you
ash-ov-boro

24th Jul 10 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone at all want to help me out ? i know a couple of you on here spray cars ect:
Jonny.N

25th Jul 10 at 01:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awrite mate,practice on summit you dont really need first, when i do painting all i do is make sure its properly prepped, then dust the primer on, rub it back with 800dry then if it needs it another dusting of primer, left to flash off for 15-20 mins, then put colour on, DONT SAND, leave that to flash off again for 15-20mins, another coat if it needs it, and then i roughly leave it for a extra half hour to give it more time to set, then laquer over the top, then left to harden all together for around 24hrs, then give it a 1500-2000 wet sand back and polish it up, i might be doing it wrong, but thats the way ive done it, and it works fine for me, im also using celullouse paint etc. hope this helps
ash-ov-boro

25th Jul 10 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

??
ash-ov-boro

27th Jul 10 at 03:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep i got a few spare panels on the corsa sport im breaking cheers jonny what i want to know is if any of the above have bad reactions if put together let me know guys going to go over tomorrow defoe's as i got held up today didnt even finish stripping the sport
andyc1234

27th Jul 10 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be ok mixing 2k and celulose. Just get plenty of primer on and make sure its smooth before you put the colour on. When you do your clear put a layer on so it looks matt and dull leave it for 10 mins to go sticky then do another coat to get it shiny thats how I always do it. Id let the paint go properly hard before you give it a final flat to polish it. Couple of days
ash-ov-boro

27th Jul 10 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks andy .. does anyone know if that can be done above without any bad reactions ? i went to go get the paint today and it was quite busy so i didnt ask can someone please tell me on here so i dont have to ask in there waisting time as its always quite busy

New Poll