corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Market gone on HTC Desire 2.2 Orange

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Market gone on HTC Desire 2.2 Orange
dannymccann

User status: Offline
20th Oct 10 at 06:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone else having this problem? After updating to 2.2 the market no longer works I've had a Google and nothing concrete comes up about a fix and I don't want to reset my phone

[Edited on 25-10-2010 by dannymccann]
pow
Premium Member

20th Oct 10 at 09:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried going to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Market and tap > Clear Cache?
dannymccann

25th Oct 10 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Market isnt there? When I click the icon it says

The Linked program is no longer installed on your phone

Ash_EP3

25th Oct 10 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strange you should say this, I've tried downloading a few apps today and they won't actually download? I'm on Vodafone though and updated to 2.2 a few weeks ago...
Dom

25th Oct 10 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it listed under Applications (Settings > Application > Manage Applications - might need to click Menu and change the filter setting to All)?

Personally i would do a factory reset and see where that gets you. But you could try downloading the market.apk (i can nab the file from my 2.1 device and you could give that a whirl if you want?), copy it to the SD and install it off there (ideally if you have a rooted desire use adb and push it to the /system/app/ directory).
ssj_kakarot

25th Oct 10 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah on my desire HD it wont let me download things off the market just says download failed

think its a google thing
dannymccann

28th Oct 10 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dom can you host the apk and ill give that a whirl I really cant be arsed with a factory reset more hassle than .its worth and I'm not rooted either
Jambo

28th Oct 10 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

App store working fine here [/troll]
Dom

28th Oct 10 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
Dom can you host the apk and ill give that a whirl I really cant be arsed with a factory reset more hassle than .its worth and I'm not rooted either

Try - http://listen-to.me.uk/Vending.apk (might need to rename it to com.android.vending.apk)
Although i don't think it'll work especially if you aren't placing it in the /system/ partition (ie: have a non-rooted phone).

What might work thought is the Tattoo version of the market, again you're probably going to need to root the phone and "push" (using adb) to the /system/app/ partition.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=645286

New Poll