corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Inlet gasket leak

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Inlet gasket leak
thegsi

User status: Offline
31st Oct 10 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got my girlfriend a little Corsa C with the Z10XEP engine and when the EML came on, the diagnosis read an inlet leak. I've checked all hoses and done a smoke test on the manifold but no signs of fault. Could it be the gasket? Has anyone changed one and for me any feedback on the job. Cheers
ryanlockie

31st Oct 10 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive changed the gasket on mine when I had a very small vac leak, on my x16xe, when i fitted my inlet manifold. Made a world of difference!

Haven't changed one on the Z10XEP but always worth a try for all of £5 and an hour of labour.
thegsi

31st Oct 10 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh the X16XE is simple as access is nice and easy however on the Z10XEP, the access is not so simple and theres lots of electronic stuff that I'm unsure of

New Poll