corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » excessive smoking

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author excessive smoking
Nickb

User status: Offline
27th Nov 10 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did your compression increase after putting a teaspoon of oil in each cylinder?
SRI-LEE

27th Nov 10 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a cant remeber il have to do it again when i can borrow the tester off someone,im fairly certain its fuel as its used no oil at all so cant really be rings worn or valve stem seals
corsadonk
Premium Member

28th Nov 10 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a idea, can you unplug the injection plug it into a spare you have, now be careful but you should be able to hear/feel if it's firing, and try the plug with a multimeter.
SRI-LEE

28th Nov 10 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thnaks alot for the help guys! , iv replaced the fuel rail and fuel regulator this morning and also changed number 3 injector again and its running fine,iv still just got the manifold on and it doesnt seem to be smoking onlya little bit when you apply revs and then it clears so im thinking it just wants a good run,im going to wash out the rest of the exhaust system to and see how we get on,i cant get day insurance on it htough as my tax has run out now so just going to have to wait till the new year to get it insured e.t.c when its finished but at the moment i think its fixed going to take the plugs out now and check them and see if its wet on number 3 piston again will update if anything changes thanks for the help guys been very helpfull thanks lee

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll