corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Excessive smoke

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Excessive smoke
Scotty C

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 08 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I say excess I mean EXCESSIVE

Drive it normal, it smokes waaaaaay more than normal, then put your foot down and you suddendly can't see the car behind because of the really thick blue smoke.

I pulled up at home last night after a hard drive because of being pissed off, and my mate was behind me when it was on idle, and it covered EVERYWHERE, you couldn't see my house and all the cars properly, it was POORING out and stunk too.

It was even smoking doing 30mph in the 4th with my foot hardly on the throttle...

So, turbo?

55 reg derv

[Edited on 22-12-2008 by Monster]
Matt L

22nd Dec 08 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[random site]
SMOKING
First check for a clogged air filter or a defective waste gate (actuator, vacuum line, etc.)

This owner was changing his glow plugs and broke one off. His engine was now smoking. Gray is unburned fuel. Black is partially burnt fuel (there is a difference) If the glow plug end got into the cylinder, you'd have more than a bent valve probably--almost certainly the piston, and maybe the rod, would be damaged.

A totally missing cylinder is both noticeable in engine smoothness and sound (usually).

Perhaps too late for you, but I strongly recommend testing glow plugs before replacing them. If they are not bad (test OK) there is no reason to replace them--then don't 'wear' as spark plugs in a gas engine do.

I've noticed white smoke in the past couple days that when I start up the truck. what causes this?

Could be:
1. Blown Head Gasket
2. Cracked Head
3. Cracked Block
4. Stuck/Malfunctioning Injector (white smoke could be unburned fuel).
5. One or more Glow Plugs not working (unburned fuel from one or more
cylinders)

Does it only happen on startup and then go away? If so it is more likely an unburned fuel issue.

[/random site]

dont know if that will help at all.

[random site 2]
BLACK SMOKE

Black smoke can be caused when there is an improper air to fuel ratio. The fuel does not burn completely and the partially burned particles are expelled in the exhaust. One of the most common causes of black smoke is an air inlet restriction. This can be anything from a plugged air cleaner, an intake hose collapsing or anything else causing an air flow problem even plugged exhaust. On automotive applications the airflow through a paper filter is sometimes restricted enough to cause black smoke especially on acceleration. K & N has developed an air filter that allows for excellent filtration as well as plenty of air flow. The filter is also recleanable and can be used up to 50,000 miles without having to be cleaned.

Injector malfunction is also a common cause for black smoke as is incorrect engine timing. Overfueling can also cause black smoke and is one of the reasons setting a fuel system above factory specifications is strongly discouraged. Internal injection pump problems can also result in black smoke.
[/random site 2]

[Edited on 22-12-2008 by Matt L]
Scotty C

22nd Dec 08 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, not really

Thanks anyway.

It went to vauxhall to have the EGR feed put back on, ever since I got it back, it's been pissing out smoke.
alan-g-w

22nd Dec 08 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it back to them and explain that ^ to them.

New Poll