corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » What size TV for my living room?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What size TV for my living room?
A2H GO

User status: Offline
11th Jan 11 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
my living room is a similar size to yours and i have a 42''. it's perfect imo.

any bigger and my eyes would hurt, any smaller and i would hav to put my contacts in to see.

Im really happy with the size, on the standard settings it actually makes your eyes hurt.

When I was thinking about the size I remember the Mrs saying big TV's are chav . I asked her what she meant and she said 'You know when you drive through a rough council estate and look through the window and they've got a massive 50" TV lighting up the living room'
AndyKent

11th Jan 11 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Big TVs in small rooms are chav.

I'll never forget going into a flat with a living room the same size as yours, the tenants had this huge 60" plasma which was so big it was overhanging the window reveals

Not saying that Ash's is too big, just commenting in general.
A2H GO

11th Jan 11 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Big TVs in small rooms are chav.

I'll never forget going into a flat with a living room the same size as yours, the tenants had this huge 60" plasma which was so big it was overhanging the window reveals

Not saying that Ash's is too big, just commenting in general.

Yeah I know what you mean, my mate has a 50" on his chimney breast and it hangs over each edge by about 3 inches.
Tom

12th Jan 11 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Don't forget to join RS's VIP club online for a free £10 voucher.

EDIT: Also if you can't afford the 5 year warrenty at 10% (£40) you can add it on at any time after and i'd recommend it.

[Edited on 07-01-2011 by A2H GO]

Picking the Saumsung up after work, just joined the VIP club (if I don't get the voucher in time i'll use it for something else when moving into new house!).

On a side note, they tried to get me to buy the Sony on saturday and seemed bemused that I didn't want it

Sat there in it's nox along with a new stand Just need a house to put it in now
Bart

12th Jan 11 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a 52" TV in the lounge.
Have a reasonable sized lounge tbh.

What ever size you go for, it will seem huge (oftenly too big) to begin with until you get used to it.
I moved our old 40" into the bedroom when I bought the 52'er and that looked too big for about a week. Now it looks small

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll