corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C Issues - Heater & Stereo

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C Issues - Heater & Stereo
-Mat-

User status: Offline
28th Dec 10 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evening all...

I've been meaning to post this for a couple of weeks now......

Anyway, our lass has a 51 reg Corsa C, 1.2 Petrol (not that that matters). The first time I went in the car, I noticed that her heater doesn't work properly. She said it's been faulty for a while. Also, her stereo is playing up, again, been dodgy a while. A little more info on both issue below

Heater

Basically, the problem with the heaters is the "blowers". It doesn't matter if she has it directed to the windscreen, body, feet etc, it will only work if set to number 4 on the "stregth" dial. So basically, when the car is warmin up, and you want to de-mist the windows, it's all or nothing! Not bad, apart from gale force cold air is that last thing you want. A nice steady number 2 setting would be nice... So, any suggestions on the fix for this?

Stereo

Strange one this one. This is basically a speaker issue. When she has the radio on, all the speakers work fine. However, if she plays a CD, the front passenger speaker doesn't play, and she says she can just about hear the radio coming through on it (not listened to the problem myself yet).

Now I was thinking that this may be a lose wire, however, it seems odd that everything is ok in Radio mode, but once in CD mode one speaker gives up... Again, any ideas on a fix?

Finally, how easy is it to remove the center console?

Cheers,

Mat

-Mat-

29th Dec 10 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump.......
bubble

30th Dec 10 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heaters.

definitely the resistor, or wiring to it. located behind glovebox, looks like a green ceramic thing with a white connector, and a bit of steel with holes in. about 15quid.

stereo-if radio ok, then its not speakers or wiring. more than likely the switching mechanism inside radio is kerplunkt.

k thx
-Mat-

30th Dec 10 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I keep telling our lass it aint a lose wire for the radio... she's adament she is. but I know it's not possible LMAO

New Poll