corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Random exhaust and speedo question's

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Random exhaust and speedo question's
jibjob

User status: Offline
9th Feb 11 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically i need to fit a CAT and possibly a silencer for my MOT in a couple of months but due to the fact my whole exhaust is custom lengths from front to back no off the shelf item will fit. Where would be the best place to pick up a silencer and CAT so i can weld the into the pipes i have already? Is it easier just to buy off the shelf and then cut them out?

I do have a friendly MOT tester if all else fails but it'd be nice to have it all done properly

Also what electrical speedo sensor do i need to convert an F20 box so it can run with 140mph electrical corsa dials?

I've tried searching for both questions but can't find much on either subject!

[Edited on 09-02-2011 by jibjob]
Phillips_91

10th Feb 11 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is your exhaust stainless or standard mild?
jibjob

10th Feb 11 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Full stainless.
Phillips_91

10th Feb 11 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm, potentially makes my idea more difficult, what bore size?
jibjob

10th Feb 11 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think its 2.25 but need to check.
Phillips_91

10th Feb 11 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that might of been my idea thrown completely out the window then, i still have my middle silencer on a hook at work from when i took mine out, but its just a standard middle, and litterally just the silencer box, was gonna say chain cut your pipe clamp my silencer in, pass the mot, undo the clamp then sleeve your pipe back in, but doubt that will work with 2.25 bore
jibjob

10th Feb 11 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah not with a standard corsa bore exhaust I'll just see what i can find/do and if nothing it'll just be going to a friendly place Just got to replace the rear axle and do a few other bits first
Phillips_91

10th Feb 11 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let me know if you find a friendly mot centre, might CAT might go 'missing' if i can still have it passed
jibjob

10th Feb 11 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your best bet is to just go to a back street garage and ask, offer them a bit more money or just ask if they know of anywhere.
AlexW

10th Feb 11 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Find a car with a similar size bore exhaust as standard and cut it out, or spend lots of money buying a cat that is a big bore.

Phillips_91

10th Feb 11 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's shouldnt be hard round here to find a bent garage, i've seen some of the work that they've happily sent out and customers have come to us saying it still doesnt seem right

i've seem cut been cans wrapped round with cable ties and filler, CAT's dented to stop rattles etc etc, and all the time the customer has been told that it was replaced!

we got a full wall of pictures from other garages at my place it's really quite shocking tbh

Anyway i'm hijacking your thread now so i'll leave it for you to get some proper advice

[Edited on 10-02-2011 by Phillips_91]
Matty W

10th Feb 11 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Run it until its spluttering on fumes so when it comes to a gas test it runs out of juice. General mot rule is if its not there, you can't fail it (jk obv)

[Edited on 10-02-2011 by music1990]

New Poll