corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Equal length driveshafts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Equal length driveshafts
c20kenny

User status: Offline
19th Jun 11 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is the amount need'd to be taken off and the grove moved back to fit a corsa without bustin a CV joint?
c20kenny

19th Jun 11 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone? There's bound to be someone on here that's had to do it to get them to fit properly.
Will94

19th Jun 11 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The drivers side on mine fitted fine without any mods, there was enough plunge in the inner cv to take it.

The passengers side i think i only took about 5mm off. Took off the outer cv, chopped it down with the grinder and cut a new groove 5mm further in the splines with a 1mm cutting disc (very carefully, dont cut too deep!)

That was all it needed it was only a tad too long. Some people don't hafta cut them at all though i think it just depends how your engine sits in the bay

If you have access to a lathe it'd make a much neater job than a grinder tho
c20kenny

19th Jun 11 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my last corsa it distroy'd my pass CV so thort it mite have to be cut down. A could remember reading it some were just couldn't remember were. A just thort someone might of done it on here.
davieslim

20th Jun 11 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines is the same as the above, removed the cv joint and sat it on a vice with a block of wood with a air grinder with 1ich blade and rolled the shaft and let the blade cut a new grove

New Poll