corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » someone help?? overheated??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author someone help?? overheated??
evo_69

User status: Offline
27th Jun 11 at 06:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right yesterday I was sat in mcdonalds drive through (as ya do) and my car temprature went up as normal went up to about 100 and waited for fan to kick in but it didn't?? So I'm guessing fan switch has gone so anyways pulled onto a parking bay to wait for my food and turned car off waited about 5 minutes for my food and set off again started the car and temp was just on 100 but as soon as I started driving it went down to about 94-95 about half a mile down the road so it cooled itself down

So I got home and checked my fan and relays make sure they all worked and they are all fine I bridged my fan switch (the one at the bottom of the radiator and no fan?? Right now here's the tricky bit my car used to be aircon and now has a non aircon rad (theirs two sensors on the bottom of the rad on the aircon) so I thought I no ill bridge the spare plug I'm not using cause this fan only has one in it and hey presto the fan came on even with the temp switch I'm currently running not bridged?? So I'm I guessing I have put the rong switch in the radiator or what???
AlexW

27th Jun 11 at 07:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

correct you have put the wrong one into the rad.
Jed D

27th Jun 11 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you got it in one

reading that i can relate to alot of it, got to the bit about having the aircon hole switch part and mine was different, my fan just simply wouldn't work no matter what you tried, bridged, fuses checked, relays.., all wiring checked, new fan switch, new temp switch, new rad, new coolant the list goes on and on, all wires checked for a 3rd and 4th time, i knew the fan itself work cos i tested by wiring it striate to the battery, weeks went by and nobody had any idea it was a total mystery. so eventually admitted defeat and wired a manual fan switch into were gsi's have the fog. found that all along the problem was the fan itself wasnt getting enough voltage somehow haha

[Edited on 27-06-2011 by JedDy]
Jed D

27th Jun 11 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

non a/c rad's only have space for the one hole on the bottom for the fan switch. you can get b.new rads for about £25 hope this helps
evo_69

28th Jun 11 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i no it only has one hole jeddy i stated that in my first post..? i was asking which switch out of the two on the aircon model runs the ran cause i thought i had put the wrong one in and it turns out i have cheers anyway buddy
evo_69

28th Jun 11 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive fitted my new switch today (the one that wasnt fitted) and now my eml light is on?? any ideas??

New Poll