corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » saab b204 2.0L turbo into corsa???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author saab b204 2.0L turbo into corsa???
staggy

User status: Offline
28th Oct 11 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been searching for advise on this but most of the stuff ive found is from a few years ago when these engines werent as popular...

basically im bored of my XE, and dont really want to shell out for a C20LET. I know you can pick these lumps up for around £400 but just how much work is involved in fitting it into a corsa?

any help greatly appreciated
bigron1988

28th Oct 11 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lots of work, bit to tall to fit in a corsa bay thats why its not been done much(if any)
corsadonk
Premium Member

29th Oct 11 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like Ron said it's a big ass heavy engine, it's do able like, but it will either sit really low, sump will be close to the floor, or it will sit really high.

Out and out drag car, it would be worth doing, but on the road and track it might be a bit tricky.
Jed D

29th Oct 11 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seen a saab 2.5 v6 in a corsa before. brocade yellow sleeper... and im pretty sure someones puyt this 2.0l in a mk2 astra
gazza808

29th Oct 11 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a few about at the moment running 2.3's and 2.0's,
Just spent this morning getting a 2.3 out of a saab in the scrappy, 100quid, bit cheaper than a let,
Apparently the 2.3 is about 4inches longer so will some massaging in places, apparently the 2.0 has a different cam chain cover so is about shorter, just get one and give it ago, it's what I'm doing.
staggy

30th Oct 11 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well ive heard that the chassis leg may require cutting/modifying and if thats true id rather stay in-house and fit a LET. if i was better at fabrication etc id be more tempted to do it, but i want it mint and dont wanna be paying silly money to have the work done...

was just a thought i was having but it seems like its gonna be too much work for me lol
Jed D

1st Nov 11 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check out near the back of total vaux issue 121. just been sat on the shitter reading it, few useful facts/things to look out for/wiring in there about these engines

also get a project thread of it up
Jed D

2nd Nov 11 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...can use the big block vaux gb's on them
sri_baby

4th Nov 11 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mates put a 2.0l saab turbo in a astra mk3 goes pretty well 2

New Poll