corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Power shower (plumbers in here)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Power shower (plumbers in here)
Ojc

User status: Offline
19th Dec 11 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting a new bath/shower/screen just wondered what sort of price would be to fit a new bath and plumb in a power shower? Got two plumbers coming to price it up just thought id ask on here to cover all angles
Seany

19th Dec 11 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has it had a shower in before? And if yes is it being moved to a different place? Is the pipework still there?
Could all change the price by a good amount.
Ojc

19th Dec 11 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope no shower before.
Seany

19th Dec 11 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldnt estimate a rough price but will be a fair whack mate.
Routing of new pipes to feed the shower and labour will be the main aspects id imagine.
mattk

19th Dec 11 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends what you mean by power shower, if you have a combi boiler then you cant have a pump fitted, however the pressure of the hot and cold water will be enough to just have a mixer valve, it wont technicaly be a power shower, but it will be near an equivilant, and 10x better than a shitty electric one

If you have a normal boiler with a copper hot water cylinder and a cold water tank in the loft then you will need a shower pump and will end up with a "power shower"

with regards to fitting, they arnt that hard to fit if you have somewhere close to the bath to locate the pump ie airing cupboard directly behind

The cost side of things, the most expensive thing you will need is the pump, B&Q do 1.5bar ones for £99 they are wank. we have had 3 pumps in our house, 2 cheapo ones and the one we have now. its now 7 years old and still going well, think my dad paid around £450 for it years ago, it has bronze impelars and ceramic seals and will kick out 3.5bar, that will take the skin off your back though, we have it working between 1.5 - 2.0bar. its worth spending a bit. Mixer valve you can spend what you like. again Id get a decent one, I personaly wouldnt get a theromostatic one as they only go to around 40 degrees and I like my showers warmer than that. with you having the young lad about and one on the way I probably would think about one

Cost of labour I couldnt comment on it could be piss easy or it could be a twat, just get a good few quotes

pow
Premium Member

20th Dec 11 at 09:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matt, can you just clear something up for me, if you have a combi boiler, will you get a decent shower by just having a mixer valve? I'm used to the cold/hot tank/pump setup at home and just wondered that's all.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

20th Dec 11 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Combi boiler with a mixer valve shower is fine Pow, probs better than an electric.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
mattk

20th Dec 11 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be fine Pow, will be much much much better than an electric one
pow
Premium Member

21st Dec 11 at 09:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, pressure wise assuming the house has good incoming pressure you'd have a decent pressure shower?
mattk

21st Dec 11 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, turn your baisin taps on and that should give you an indication. will be stronger than your basin taps though as the water will be comming out of tiny holes on the shower head
Russ 200sx

21st Dec 11 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did this, got rid of my corner bath an had a large shower put in an used the old bath tap pipes to a mixer shower valve straight off the combi, like stading in front of a karcher!!
Sam
Premium Member

21st Dec 11 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want us to get rid of the electric shower that we've got, it's fucking crap

Problem is, we haven't got a combi boiler so getting that as well I imagine we'll probably have to spend at least £3k
mattk

22nd Dec 11 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you dont need a combi, just get a mixer with a remote shower pump
Sam
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've got a pretty old normal boiler in the kitchen, I think I'd rather spend the money getting a new boiler + mixer installed rather than doing as you say and then when the boiler dies having to pay even more money (and having a pump I can't use any more).

New Poll