corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » losing oil

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author losing oil
pharoah2011

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 12 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i seem to be goin through loads of oil in my 1.0 corsa b
there is a slight oil leak between the timing cover and engine and on the bottom of the engine where it joins the gearbox the oil drips from there

also the other day as i pulled away after engine running for 5 mins the was a cloud of blue smoke so does this mean most of the oil is being burnt which could mean piston rings or valve stem oil seals need changing?
Matty W

3rd Jan 12 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is the same for losing oil. the drip on box bell housing could be coming from your oil filter either at the top or at the bottom where the stem joins the block

another common place for them to leak is oil pressure sensor, its on the front of the engine to the left ( near timing cover ) but there piss easy to replace
pharoah2011

3rd Jan 12 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by music1990
mine is the same for losing oil. the drip on box bell housing could be coming from your oil filter either at the top or at the bottom where the stem joins the block

another common place for them to leak is oil pressure sensor, its on the front of the engine to the left ( near timing cover ) but there piss easy to replace

i will have a look at that but that drip has been there on 2 differnt engines as the firts engine the piston rings went and had low compression
davidm

5th Jan 12 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pharoah2011
quote:
Originally posted by music1990

i will have a look at that but that drip has been there on 2 differnt engines as the firts engine the piston rings went and had low compression

lol your in the exact same boat as me piston rings went and had low compression haha must be somewith the x10s!
Jed D

5th Jan 12 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a sign to get something bigger
pharoah2011

5th Jan 12 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
its a sign to get something bigger

a would if a could afford it haha well in 2 weeks a might not even have the car due to mot fail lol

New Poll