corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » battery help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author battery help
silvercorsabee

User status: Offline
18th Feb 12 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

since buying my corsa B its had a dodgy battery since the day i bought it, ive got a feeling its my radio thats draining the battery as it was connected but not working so ive literally just this minute took it out, im still not 100% sure if it is the radio thats draining it so i just wanted to ask has anyone had any similar problems with a corsa B battery!? its a 1.2 SXI if that makes any difference any help/advice welcome
corsajay88

18th Feb 12 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by silvercorsabee
since buying my corsa B its had a dodgy battery since the day i bought it, ive got a feeling its my radio thats draining the battery as it was connected but not working so ive literally just this minute took it out, im still not 100% sure if it is the radio thats draining it so i just wanted to ask has anyone had any similar problems with a corsa B battery!? its a 1.2 SXI if that makes any difference any help/advice welcome

Check the bootlight and glovebox light arent staying on, i had this problem, bought a new battery and discovered the boot light was staying on
silvercorsabee

18th Feb 12 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsajay88
quote:
Originally posted by silvercorsabee

Check the bootlight and glovebox light arent staying on, i had this problem, bought a new battery and discovered the boot light was staying on

just checked this mate, dont think its either of those tbh, the cars got a really sensitive alarm though! you think it oculd be anything to do with the alarm or remote central locking !?
corsajay88

18th Feb 12 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If youve not got a multimeter take it to ats or kwik fit theyll do a free battery check and find out whether somethings draining your battery
TMM

18th Feb 12 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If have got a multimeter disconnect the earth terminal, then run the meter across from the terminal to the end of the earth strap. With the ingition off there should be minimal current - just the clock for example. If there is a higher current running start pulling fuses until you find the circuit that's drawing power.
silvercorsabee

18th Feb 12 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one cheers for the help lads!

New Poll