corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Head gasket

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Head gasket
gidged500
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Feb 12 at 12:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was driving my car home the other day and the temp sensor shot up on the dash so I switched my fan on to cool it down, got home and the heater tank had coolant in, but it was brown and there was a mayo substance on the header tank cap. Sound like the head gasket had gone ? (c20xe)
mon3y1

2nd Mar 12 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep sure is unfortunately
johnhara1

2nd Mar 12 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's your oil like? is it contaminated?

c20xe is common for porous head which could explain the mayo.

Overheating would dump the coolant, unless your thermostat is stuck closed. But if it was stuck closed, your fan wouldn't have cooled the car down so im assuming it's not.

[Edited on 02-03-2012 by johnhara1]
gidged500
Premium Member

2nd Mar 12 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My fans on a switch so I have manual control the coolant is contaminated :/ not looking good I don't think
reecegsi

2nd Mar 12 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sniff test? Check compression simple things saves ripping head off
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

3rd Mar 12 at 01:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as above. Check the compression on all 4 cylinders. Do a dry and a wet test. See what results you get from them. Also do a sniff test. As reece said. Saves aload of hastle and money

New Poll