corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » car idles high and hesitates when started from cold

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car idles high and hesitates when started from cold
JaffaTB

User status: Offline
1st Mar 12 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anybody help me with this problem? car runs well every other time just this problem when starting up after being left over night, starts up ok then the revs will rise from 1000rpm to around 2k rpm, sometimes it will slowly climb a bit higher, if I rev it it goes back to settle at 2k rpm, if I turn the car off and restart it it makes no difference, I left it idling for about 5 minutes and it didnt change so I had to drive it like that to work, its only about a 5 minute drive and as I was getting near then end of my journey I notice it was back to normal, idling at 800rpm, when I drive home later it will be fine, what could be causing this problem?
JaffaTB

1st Mar 12 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also forgot to add, it was hesitating when accelerating when I drove with the high idle
vx-scottw
Premium Member

1st Mar 12 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could try cleaning in the throtle or could be idle control from sounds of it or to check if the bottom pully could be loose that happended to me before
corsa-torque

1st Mar 12 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As scott said plus poss coolant temp sensor ?
JaffaTB

1st Mar 12 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a brand new genuine CTS so I'll swap that tomorrow and see if that makes a difference, I had the ICV off and cleaned it not long back trying to cure another problem, I've just bought another throttle body as a spare so when it comes I'll try the ICV out of that first before getting a new one
nad123
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

1st Mar 12 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

icv id say..give throttle/icv a good clean with carb cleaner... also check for any air leaks
JaffaTB

2nd Mar 12 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well last night after work it was the same so when I got home I had a look under the bonnet, unplugged the icv, no difference, unplugged tps and it went down to 800rpm straight away, plugged it back in and it stayed there, this morning it drove perfect so we will just have to see what happens in the next few days

New Poll