corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » LOVE! *Coverage from Supercar Sunday*

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author LOVE! *Coverage from Supercar Sunday*
SVT2888

User status: Offline
3rd May 12 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not often that I obsess over a car, but the Lamborghini 400GT is just one of those cars that gets to me. Every time I see one, especially this baby blue metallic example, I just can't stop staring. I know it's BLASPHEMOUS to say but I think it looks way better than the more famous Miura and loads better than any Ferrari of that era. It is the perfect GT car in my opinion. The simple elegance of it's lines of it's interior just does it for me. It looks good without even looking like it's trying. My only disappointment with the car is the fact that it's built for short legged guys..and well...my legs are quite long.

But, on to the event...

This was Lamborghini day at Supercar Sunday, and it's always one of the best shows of they have all year. Supercar Sunday follows the same concept as Cars & Coffee, it is the place for locals to show off their cars early in the morning every weekend. It is held in a mall parking lot about 80 miles north of where Cars & Coffee is held. It has been going on for quite a few years and much like Cars & Coffee has had to change locations because of neighborhood complaints. It's organizer spends countless hours organizing "marquee" days, which are held the last weekend of every month, and just plain ensuring the show can go on. It's a labor of love really, love for the automobile. Love for sharing the passion with others.

Even though this was Lamborghini day the event wasn't solely restricted to the marque. Cars of all types showed up early on a Sunday morning for all to see. The sun was out and all in all it was a great event. The major surprise of the event was seeing a Nurburgring Edition LF-A.

If you live in So Cal or will be visiting soon and would like to attend this event go to http://www.supercarsunday.com/ for more info.

Now on to the pics:

*just a reminder each pic is a click-able link*

You can see the full gallery once again over at CNCpics.com

Follow us on Facebook if you'd like to know what cool car shows are coming up in So Cal, if you'd like to see some random car stuff I find on the net, or if you'd like to just plain see some great shots: http://www.facebook.com/cncpics

Thanks,

-Leo
N3CRO

3rd May 12 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What engine is in that Mx5?
And I'm guessing thats a supercharger sitting on the top right?
nathy_87

3rd May 12 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perfect photos as usual.

RS200 Uber
Rob E

3rd May 12 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
What engine is in that Mx5?
And I'm guessing thats a supercharger sitting on the top right?

Its a V8. The yanks love shoehorning them in MX5's
M16KE B

3rd May 12 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

80 Trans Am!! SO cool!
Tomnova16
Premium Member

3rd May 12 at 15:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some good looking vehicles there
one question though, what do you drive? got any pics?

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
SVT2888

3rd May 12 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing too special.

Just a 1997 Ford Thunderbird with a 2003 Ford Explorer motor, 3.73 gears, 03 Cobra limited slip, 03 Cobra rear shocks, H&R springs, AADCO 1.25" solid rear sway bar, upgraded torque converter and built tranny, B&M deep tranny pan and cooler, Steeda under drive pulleys, 70mm accufab intake plenum and throttle body, BBK intake, upgraded injectors, PBR brakes, slotted rotors, Magnaflow true dual exhaust with 2.5" pipping.

Other than that it's a super beat up old car that like to break down a lot. It has about 260k miles on it.

But she does sound REALLY good when she runs right.

The day this pic was taken I chased a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX through the canyons and he could not shake me off his tail try as he might. We where even running the exact same tire, so that potential factor was out the window.
nathy_87

3rd May 12 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like it could be a good drift car.
SVT2888

3rd May 12 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
Looks like it could be a good drift car.

260hp and 300lb-ft of torque is what I reckon it must have. It also lost 80lbs in the front with the engine swap. The car is massive though, 200.7" long.

But yeah that huge rear sway bar really helps rotate it around curves.
All Torque

3rd May 12 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the white car in the pic below that RS200? Is that one of those kits that's based ion a Nissan?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

4th May 12 at 03:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dakar Yellow 1M! Stunning! Each week cars get more impressive, 400GT has a gorgeous rear end, not so keen on front but very rare, nice to see it being used!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » LOVE! *Coverage from Supercar Sunday* 24 database queries in 0.0172529 seconds