corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Good shiny lacquer

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Good shiny lacquer
Christopher

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 12 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best lacquer from a can? Just want to do my alloys for winter so not expecting anything amazing but halfrauds is SHITE and upol isnt the best! Any other suggestions?
corsa-torque

22nd Nov 12 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best finding your local paint company and get them to knock up a rattle can if you don't have access to a gun. Plus they always come with a nice fan spray nib
Christopher

22nd Nov 12 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well its only for winter really as will get them done properly! Hmmmm might be an idea thanks bud
corsa-torque

22nd Nov 12 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No probs, don't take this the wrong way but of your getting them done professionally after winter why bother with them now?
It's far too cold to be painting anything properly without heat. Is it worth the hassle? And then when you get them properly you'll feel like your getting a better deal when they go from crud to mint
Christopher

22nd Nov 12 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because they are in primer ATM and want them on the car
Jamie-C

23rd Nov 12 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You work in a bodyshop do you not? Just get them lacquered there when another job is getting done?

If that's out the question I used hb body clearcoat from a can before and it wasn't a bad finish tbh. Didn't own the car long enough though to see how long before it went dull
corsa-torque

23rd Nov 12 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh i see... You never mentioned that, I personally would leave them as they are till winters done, wouldn't waste the time or money only for them to be done again.
Plus there's no shows till new year
Jamie-C

23rd Nov 12 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I had a set of D90s sitting I'd be busting my arse to get them on too , a cheap respray aint going to hurt.
Christopher

23rd Nov 12 at 05:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly Jamie! No bud don't work in a body shop that was all at college! I've finished my body repair course now! Maybe il give that a go! I might just leave them Matt lol
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

23rd Nov 12 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did a set of wheels on my brothers car for him a few months ago, the finish came out purfect and it was from a rattle can, only problem was the laquer would not harden properly no matter what i tryed
i think good laquer from a can is almost impossible to find
not just use a cheap one for a cheap respray just to get you past the winter and protect them?
Christopher

23rd Nov 12 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer thats what im after i was just wondering if there was actually any goodish ones! Thanks everyone
corsa-torque

23rd Nov 12 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

23rd Nov 12 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i personaly used the autoclear 2k in a can stuff haha
got hardner mixed in (so they say) but you will have to leave them for AGES in a warm room to set
i spent 3 days waiting for it to harden and it didnt, so we fitted them anyways and 3 weeks later it still hadnt hardened properly
DanCobb

23rd Nov 12 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like good stuff flaffy

Don't leave them matt Chris

New Poll